East Coast Product is a product development agency that specializes in staff augmentation for the entrepreneur, enterprise, and everyone in between. With on-demand experts, we provide a boost to existing product teams to help them hit their next milestone.
You are focused on the quality and maintainability of your code. You lead by example, writing pragmatic but elegant code with technical rigor and attention to detail.
You are committed to diversity & inclusion and promote a learning culture. You support and mentor your team members, empowering them to do their best work even in a remote environment.
You are curious, intelligent, and have an incessant need to improve. You ask questions and research to continually grow and hone your skills. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and aren’t afraid to try new ways of doing things. You’re comfortable with unknowns, working with new teams, and asking questions to get up to speed quickly.
You have experience working with a mostly remote team and you’re excited to actively contribute as we define our best practices.
About the Job
As a developer at ECP, you’ll be working on projects of all sizes from small MVPs for budding entrepreneurs to complex applications for much larger companies. You’ll play a meaningful role in crafting how our company practices development as a discipline across these wildly different types of projects.
- Understand the client’s definition of success and align your efforts to help them meet their goals.
- Develop new product features and new applications within an Agile environment.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code using the latest development best practices.
- Collaborate with designers to implement and improve design comps.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the development process.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with frontend technologies, such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Understands of the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks, and workarounds.
- Strong understanding of modern frontend frameworks, experience with React is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- Familiarity with build tools, such as Webpack and Gulp.
- Proficiency in code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English.
- Available during East Coast hours (roughly 9am-6pm EST).
- Experience with pair programming.
- Familiarity with Node.js.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Interested in machine learning and/or the Blockchain.
- Published writer/blogger.
- Open source contributions.
- Salary: Up to $55,000 USD annually (full-time candidates only).
- Flexible work schedule and generous vacation time.
- Inclusive company culture that values performance and teamwork.
- Opportunities for international travel.